What you’ll need:
A small saucepan. I bought an individual egg pan for $7. You’ll be melting wax in this saucepan, so you may want to designate this saucepan as your beauty DIY saucepan.
1 tablespoon of each (makes about ten 5 gram containers worth):
- Coconut oil
- Coconut butter
- Shea butter
1. Melt about a tablespoon of beeswax in a very small pan over low heat. (Sole purpose is to help hold the shape of the balm. Provides no moisture. The less you use, the softer your balm will be. TIP: If you decide to not use any beeswax, make sure to cool lip balm overnight. Even after cooling, your lip balm will act like Vaseline – melting instantly upon the heat of your fingers, so avoid heat – don’t leave in your pocket or in the car).
2. Add in and melt the coconut oil, coconut butter and shea butter.
3. Once all the ingredients are melted, carefully spoon into small containers.
4. Optional: Add a bit of your favorite colored lip balm to give your lip balm some color.
5. Allow to cool and harden. Should only take 5 minutes at most! Enjoy~