Lavender Sugar Scrub
Lavender sugar scrub is a deliciously decadent spa product that is oh-so-good for your skin – and oh-so-bad for your wallet. Or is it? You can easily make your own lavender sugar body scrub by following the instructions below.
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- airtight opaque jar
2. Add 4 drops of lavender essential oil and 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to the oil and stir in well. Be sure to use pure essential oil and extract, and don’t overdo it with these ingredients. A little goes a long way. A lot of them in your body scrub can irritate and burn your skin.
3. Add sugar to oil mixture all at once, stirring gently until the sugar is moistened. If necessary, add more sugar. You want enough sugar in there that it doesn’t dissolve in the oil, but not so much that the body scrub is dry.
4. Scoop the body scrub into wide-mouthed, opaque glass jars with covers. Light and heat are two things that will decrease the shelf-life of your homemade beauty products. Using a dark or opaque glass jar with a tight fitting cover is a great way to make your lavender sugar body scrub last longer.
Tips & Warnings:
- If you want to give jars of homemade lavender body scrub as gifts, make up ingredient labels on the computer using self-adhesive labels – and make within a week of the gift-giving occasion.
Read more: How to Make Lavender Sugar Scrub | eHow.com